Steps in the Selling Process
So you have decided to sell your home. A very big decision and one that shouldn’t be taken lightly. This is after all your biggest asset. There is a lot of different aspects one should consider when selling their home. You have made your first good decision in researching myself to assist you in this process. This can be a stressful and very emotional time. It is however my field of expertise and I aim to take all of the stress out of the process for you. I will be there every step of the way, always available 24/7 for any questions, comments or concerns. Here is a basic guideline of what to expect from start to finish.
- NEEDS- First things first is to determine your needs. Why are you selling? Is there a timeline that we should be concerned about? Are you purchasing another property as well? All things to think about.
- FIRST VISIT- I will come by your home to have you show me around, this will allow me to go back and thoroughly compare your home with other recent sales as well as homes currently on the market. Some Realtors will come into your home and throw a price at you immediately and try to sign you up. Are they really doing you any justice by not doing a bit more research into your home?
- PRICING- One of the most important factors is determining a proper price range for your home. I generally like to come up with a few options depending on your NEEDS. The worst thing one can do is over-price their property and have it sit stagnant on the market. People start thinking the worst and assume their must be something wrong with the home. You then miss out on the serious buyers that could have potentially already jumped on your home.
- PREPARATION – I’d say this is the second most important step. You want your home to be show ready when it hits the market. 40% of homes are sold within the first month. With my team of professionals we will ensure your home is ready to go for potential buyers, looking its best to ensure top dollar. I have a great team of cleaners, painters, handymen, and home stagers ready to go if need be to make this as easy on you as possible.
- SET THE STAGE and SHOW THE WORLD- Prep work is now completed. I will come back to the home, have professional grade photos taken, Video’s if need be, review and signing of all the needed paperwork to get your home up and active for sale.
- MARKETING YOUR HOME- I’d say that some 80-90% of buyers begin their hunt for a new home online. I have excellent online exposure for my listings and I will continuously re-upload your home onto an extensive list of websites until we find just the right buyer. Unlike most Realtors that simply put a sign in the ground, put the listing on MLS.ca and pray for a buyer to come along, I go above and beyond in finding that buyer.
- THE OFFERS ROLLING IN- I won’t rest until we get all aspects of the offer just right for you and your family. Negotiating an offer isn’t simply a back and forth of price, a very wide variety of other aspects need to be looked at in detail to ensure that it is the right move for you.
- PRE-CLOSING- Now that the offers are signed. I have a variety of contacts to help with the rest. Lawyers, Moving Companies, Storage companies if need be. There won’t be any time in this process where you aren’t to sure of what’s happening or what the next step is.
- CLOSING- The day that everything finally changes hands. By this time, you will know what to expect, everything should be smooth as silk and you will realize what a great decision you have made in asking for Andrew Miller to assist with the sale of your home.
Now that your home is sold, what will you do with all of that extra money I made you? Perhaps time to buy another property? I only ask that you do me one favour and tell anyone else that you know of looking to buy or sell, what a great job I did for you.